Thursday, May 25, 2006

Uplifting trip Downriver

During a recent ten-day Colorado River trip through Grand Canyon I was reacquainted once again with the seemingly endless array of magical destinations that await the hardy traveler. Elves Chasm, Deer Creek Narrows, Blacktail Canyon, Whispering Falls; each casting it's own spell on the awestruck visitors. One could truly spend a lifetime below the rim and barely scratch the surface of all there is to explore.

My two-dozen companions and I shared everything from turbulent rapids to moonlit nights (not to mention a nasty little gastrointestinal bug, just to keep us honest). Needless to say there was ample subject matter for this slightly overwhelmed landscape photographer. Indeed, I found my greatest challenge was deciding what not to shoot given the finite nature of both time and photographic supplies.

I'm happy to report that I did come away with a few great shots. However, the real "keepers" are the fresh memories of the sublime, serene, and sometimes-spooky world that plays host to the lucky few that run the Colorado River each year.


Thank you for tuning into "All Things Grand Canyon". GrandCanyonPrints.com offers the grandest in Grand Canyon photographs.

No comments: